Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Love and black dogs

Today I went in town hunting for T-shirts for my students. Walking around, I had the chance to listen to some interesting conversations. A funny one was in a gay group of junior high-schoolers. A boy was trying to keep up with a nature-gifted girl and I saw him asking flirting the question:" And...what is love for you?" The answer came with a flow of laughter: "Ohhh! Something.... It spills! ...A lot!" I liked this "definition" and the way she said it. She must be a very happy young lady. I don't know how delighted, of the answer, was the boy. She clearly alluded to somebody in particularly, so she shut the door in his face rather abruptly.
Another funny scene was in the outdoor market. Two policemen were heading in my direction followed closely by a black stray dog barking furiously at them. Behind that dog were other ones joining its attack. Seeing my smile at the scene, the shorter of the two policemen, turned around, visibly offended by the dog and tried to chase it away. This made the situation worse...And on top of that, from the market came also some gypsy kids who started encouraging the dogs with high pitched yells. I went on my way, but I am sure the only solution for the policemen was to leave some distance between them and the noisy group. I know they wouldn't try chasing the kids, they are champion runners.
I've seen dogs reacting very aggressively at bums and gypsies. This was the first time I've seen them react that way at policemen. I wonder what did a policeman do to that dog. For a minute I thought that the gypsy kids trained the dogs to behave like that towards policemen as a reward for their "persecution". But the dog was too bitter for that. I believe it had a legitimate reason to hate policemen. All the same, it was funny to see the tables turned.

No comments: