Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Momentary states of madness

Today was another happy day under my sky. The main culprit in the singing occurred in the class I was telling you about yesterday, came after me on the hallway and apologized for his deed and blamed his action on a "momentary state of madness". Later on we had the class together and he asked me nicely if he could answer at the lesson. After grading others, he asked if he could hope at a five today five his answers, as to balance a bit the 2 taken yesterday. And that concluded the problems between us.
Talking about "momentary states of madness" reminded me of a feeling I had today. A friend I went out, began explaining to me why she didn't join me to a recent party. She mentioned a jealousy fit she threw her husband that night because of a Facebook page she discovered on his laptop. She told me the whole story of her creative mind working up an entire love story between that woman on the Facebook page and her husband. Now, thinking in retrospective she knew perfectly well that she didn't have a real reason to imagine all that, that she should have thought at a reasonable explanation for that page because her husband had been the most faithful partner for the last eight years. Hearing her telling me the whole story, reminded me of similar moments I had. I know that generally I and most of women behave like reasonable beings but one in a while we seem to lose our minds. I think it's a flaw in our making. I remember once I dumped my boyfriend, who cared a lot for me and was a perfect partner, because I didn't like how we looked together and imagined people were looking strangely at us.When we happen to cross paths, I still see in his eyes that he considers me a bit mad.

No comments: