Thursday, December 20, 2012

Orange shimmering snow

A desire for some movement, led me last night to go to one of my mother's elderly aunt. There I ended up with a snow shovel and broom in my hand, cleaning her paths in the yard. It seems everyone had the same idea, because in the street we met with two neighbours clearing the walkway too.
Going down, I enjoyed the orange nuance given by the street lights to the shimmering impeccable snow. I love the sunset colours in the winter, when we seem to live in a fairytale. The snow plow going by with the small national flag hanging by a side, made a funny appearance while heading straight to the distant darkness.
All was great! Not great was the chill which caught me in the evening, announcing a cold. It was worth it anyway, the evening contributed to my general well being.

No comments: