Monday, March 19, 2012

Musical Monday

Everybody tells me that I look in high spirits today. I wonder why. I don't feel different than other days and I don't think I behave differently. Does it happen to you?
I love my students. Some days. Today they were fun. From the first class, at the usual question "How are you today?" I received the answer- bad "because yesterday I got high, I got high..."with the well-known tune hummed on two voices. Of course, the tune haunted me all day, and I kept mumbling it in the background, no matter what I was doing.
I had an hour with a class of boys who usually put my patience to a test, but today I think they took pity on me and everything went great. I even enjoyed the low played music they had on their phones. I think they finally got the idea that I don't enjoy manele. We managed to be very efficient today too- we wrote two formal letters, which is exceptional for that class. We were interrupted only once by some people who came to ask some mercy-money for a sick child. I don't think we were very merciful - money tend to decrease when you have such visits four times in a week.But the boys enjoyed the the last person who went out on the door. They almost twisted their necks admiring the blue-jeans rounded qualities of a young woman from that group.
Next I supervised a simulated exam. I took advantage of this to catch up with my reading, the students being very well behaved. I am really satisfied that they don't try any more to cheat when I'm around. It's really tiresome to argue with them to be honest. I don't think this generation considers honesty as normal, they used to blame me for not allowing them to cheat. Weird! Generation gap I suppose.
The next class was perfectly tuned too, as did the supplementary class I had with some students. So, it was an easy, enjoyable day at work. I am glad that I am so stubborn. I always chose what I thought was best for me, what I liked most and this has really paid off. I'm doing what I like and I am really happy with my life. I wish everybody would be so lucky!
Visit to a friend with the compulsory wardrobe talk and the last boiled dear ribs with some criminal horse radish, almost completed my day. I hope the week will continue on the same laid -back, enjoyable note. I will let you know if so, of course...

No comments: